Join me this Wednesday at 10:15am PST and get your year off to a BIG start with my 12 for ’12 teleseminar where I will be sharing my TOP PICKS from the 12 Ways to Make 2012 Your Best Year as well as super easy ways to move from “busy” to brilliant! This 45 min call is my gift to you…. see you there!
Oh and here the final 3 habits that I am committed to for 2012. And a special note below…
10. Eat better and eat less – improve your health with better eating habits. Replace the drive-through with a healthy snack or meal, put greens on your plate and put down the fork before you want to. Good recipes, advice and tips are everywhere—there’s no excuse for not using them.
11. Smile more often – it’s a proven fact: smiling makes us feel better. Plus, when we smile others get the gift and can’t help but feel better. Practice in the line up at your favorite café and then graduate to your office and home—start giving the gift that smiles back at you.
12. Pause procrastination – When you procrastinate you get a payoff; you avoid the work, the conflict, or hard decision you know you need to make. The trick is to tip the scales by making the reward for “doing” (I will reward myself for finishing this report) outweigh the “reward” of avoiding.
So here we are—it’s almost February and I am curious.
Are you a part of the 10% with New Year Resolutions that actually stuck? Or are you in the much more crowded group that is wondering how their brilliant objectives slipped through your fingers, again?
Over the past few weeks I have shared habits that I know can make your day a little brighter, your lists a little shorter and your success in work and life a lot bigger. Now the key is to incorporate a few of these into your daily life.
Here’s what I recommend:
- Read the list again (you can get it here) and pay attention to what resonates with you.
- Pick no more than 3 things you will commit to (repeat after me: “only three”.)
- Write these commitments down and keep them visible for at least a month (car dashboard, fridge door or forehead tattoo).
- Start everyday with a quick reminder and renewed commitment to your healthy habits.
- And, finally notice the difference. I have found that it is critical that we savor in our success if we are to enjoy more of it. Your desk is less cluttered? Great revel in your achievement. Got in your exercise this week? Outstanding! Brought a healthy snack to work? Perfect! As someone much wiser than me once predicted, “Nothing succeeds like success”
See the entire REPORT here: 12 Ways to Make 2012 a Great Year
PS: Would love to know your “3″ – which of the 12 habits above resonated with you? Drop me a comment below
PPS: This introductory offer is almost over! Check it out HERE and see why my new book (with audio recording) Work Smarter – Uncommon Strategies for Getting More Stuff Done will help you achieve your goals this year.
Tagged with: 12 for 12 • 2012 • accountability • change • commitment • culver • effectiveness • goals • habits • happiness • motivation • productivity • resolutions • success • time management