Give Me a Break – Resources
Here you will find more resources, bonus materials that were promised in the book and other helpful information. This page will continue to grow, so be sure to check back often.
- Speed Reading Notes »In my book I give you a short overview of techniques to pick you your reading. Here are a few more.
- Self Assessment Quiz »This is the same quiz used in the book. It is a great “check-in” on your progress. With some groups I work with I will check with them using an on-line version after two weeks.
- Personal Commitment Form »If you are a real keener you will need more commitment forms (or therapy). Let me know what’s working.
- Stroop Test »In this exercise, you simply have to concentrate on saying to yourself the color of the letters (don’t read the word). For example, for the first one you would say ‘green’, and so on.
- My Favorite Sources for Podcasts »
If you are a commuter you need to get hooked up for regular podcasts. These are an amazing way to get entertainment, education, and just plain fun stuff to make the minutes stuck on the 405 fly past. Here are some of my favorites (sorry it’s heavily leaning to the Canadian side of the 49th).
- Time Audit Tool »This is a great tool to track your time for one day (or longer if you are a keener). Every time I use this I am surprised at how time is burned up in distractions. Follow the instructions at the top of the page and you are all set. If you are really brave, check out www.rescuetime.com; it will follow you and give you amazing feedback at the end of the day.
- Worksheets from the book »
This PDF includes all the worksheets from the book for you to print and write on.